I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stumpy, where are you?



not outside...it's raining and wet out there!

Come out come out where ever you are!



We are having some wild weather in Dirtville: rain, hail, high winds, thunder and lightning. Stumpy doesn't really freak out. No shaking, shivering, crawling into closets or under beds. She would just prefer not to deal with it all. And stay close in case it all goes bad.



She's not too happy under the desk. It's wonderful in the summer when a cool, tile floor feels good. I KNOW she thinks there should be a pillow under there! NO! Just NO! I have drawn the line!


She hangs out in her kennel, most of the time. Until it thunders, again. Or the wind picks up. Or the hail hits the windows. Or there's a flash of lightning. Then she is either under me, or on top of me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Stumpy
I thought you were flattened for a moment. I was ready to come over and make u 3d again. I think u just need a pal to romp around in the rain. It's alot of fun.
norwood

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhh -

That look of disbelief with a shot of 'woo expekht me to stay out there' was precious!

Of khourse, I'd be sitting on the dekhk and would rekhwire to be physikhally brought in!

Maybe Norwood and I khan help!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

tula monstah said...

can we call you Flat Stumpy? then you're mom can mail you over here! back to massachewsits where there's no thunder & lightning. well, just cold!

TULA

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Looks like you do not like going out in the rain to do your business either.. Callie usually runs under her chair that is outside as not to get wet. Us boys don't really care about the rain..
Stumpy, Callie likes hanging out in her condo too.. She usually steals shoes and takes them in there with her..
Hope your rain stops real soon...
Come on over the sheep treats are great.. Callie can't get enough of them.. Wonder how this is going to work once Mom has planted stuff in there?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Norwood, Stumpy does need a pal to play with! How soon can you get here?

Khyra, a nice coat like yours would certaily help! she would need ahat to keep the rain out of her ears. she can't deal with it raining in her ears!

Tula, she has herself squished under a desk that is only 3 inches off the floor. I think she will fit in one of those priority flats. Will you be home Monday to accept delivery?

Heelers,Condo-hanging must be a girl thing. stumpy loves horse, cow, and dear treats so I am pretty sure she would love the sheep treats, too! I think we will see Callie weeding the garden for mom come springtime!!

Sam said...

That's exactly how Marge acts in the rain, too. Goes outside, realizes that the weather is bad, ponders to herself to a second about how unfair it is, then comes back in.

An English Shepherd said...

My Auntie Breeze does not like rain as well :-)

Wizz