I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Friday, February 12, 2010

Signs of spring in dirtville

High: 62°F RealFeel®: 67°F
Sunshine and some clouds


Seriously, I am not gloating. All to soon, it will be way to hot. I have to be sure to enjoy the awesome weather, while I can.

Doves returned last week and are chasing each other around, endlessly.


Calving has begun.



This little guy was really wobbly on his feet. He was probably less than a day old. His mother did not want me taking pictures!


The cattle were resting just down the street from my house; enjoying a piece of flooded road that was doubling as a watering hole.

And Stumpy enjoyed the last, warm rays of afternoon sun. (Yes, I moved her pillow over, so she could enjoy the sun awhile longer)

8 comments:

Sam said...

You show off! Here I am, stuck with the aftermath of a blizzard, and you're posting warm pictures of baby cows and dogs snoozing in the sun! :)

Just kiddin'. Enjoy the weather, it'll be here too soon enough. Hopefully this was our last snow of the year.

Brenda's Arizona said...

You are right, it will be HOT all too soon. Just as winter lasts too long in east, summer stays WAY too long here! Glad Stumpy is enjoying it - our guys do, too!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

I am NOT enjoying today, so far. Stuck inside the thrift store, on my sacred day off, while the freezer repair guy repairs our freezer, in the emergency food pantry (3 and 1/2 hours so far, BLECH!!!) Fortunately, we did't lose any meat

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Ya you have sunshine. No sunshine here but the temp is above freezing so all our snow is melting.. Enjoy your rays Stumpy...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom and I khould handle that temp...

Thank woo fur sharing your signs o'spring!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh yes Stumpy, Mom threw snowballs for us. We just can't figure out why there is no ball inside it just kind of falls apart.. It sure was fun though...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Sam, you and Mrge are always welcome to enjoy some dirtville rays!

Brenda, I am really trying hard not to think about what's ahead, temperature-wise. On days like today, when it is soooo perfect, the dreads sneak in, just for a moment.

Heelers, snowball fetching was one of my GSD's favorite games. He constantly amazed me with his ability to find a snowball in TONS of snow! So glad you got to play!

Khyra, Yes! 60 degree temps are perfect. But they would melt your snow :(

tula monstah said...

spring has sprung in dirtville. your suntan is looking fABUlous Stumpy!

tula