I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Friday, April 23, 2010

Stumpy stays out past curfew ... and the "chair"

Now that the temperatures have warmed up some, Stumpy wants to stay out all night.


She pops her head up every once in awhile looking for the 'yotes.

I won't let her stay out all night. No dog of mine will be doing the walk of shame in the morning.

A week ago, I might have thought she's watching for the Berner. But he's here every night,for almost a week! In the house!!!! All night!!!


A couple of people have inquired about Stumpy's chair. I bought it, last year, at the thrift store for $5.00. It's the large model.

It's called the Moon Chair.




It's made by MacSports and available in two sizes, and a variety of models, some with surround sound!



It's available at Walmart, in red, for $45.00

Specifications

Assembly Required: No
Finish: Silver
Model No.: RMONMF-125
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 16.0
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 34.8 x 39.3 x 35.6
Instruction Manual: N
Assembled in Country of Origin: USA and/or Imported
Origin of Components: USA and/or Imported
Wal-Mart No.: 007107364

13 comments:

bbes tribe said...

Looks like a MOST comfy chair. Nice of Stumpy to share it with Berner!!! Gotta watch for those 'yotes!!! We don't get to stay out at night either.
Wags
Ernie,Sahsa,Chica

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Let's hear it fur all night in the house!

The Berner is in the house!

The chair does look khwite khomfy!

I wonder if Mom would get me one fur under my tree?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

I am too excited for words. (so I'll use a lot)This weekend begins garage sale season for me. Technically, this weekend is church sales, about 6. But after that start the "village wide" sales. As much as I can carry and stay on my budget (note to self, only put limited funds in pocket.) Mainly I buy things for the animals, or for friends, trinkets I would not find elsewhere. Have thought about hooking a couple dogs to wagon for the walk, but we all know I'd never get anywhere. "What kind of dog is that?" questions, etc.
Happy to hear Berner is in house. Sorry to hear he has taken over your chair.

Brenda's Arizona said...

Love the moon chair. Gotta find one!
Love Stumpy and Berner. Geez...

Dog_geek said...

Hey - are you going to give that Berner a proper name, or what?

Pat Wahler said...

I'll take the one with surround sound.

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

bbes tribe, Stumpy doesn't share anything because she wants to!

Khyra, I expect that the chair will be too insulated for the dogs to use as the temperatures rise. it's great for cooler weather, though!

dogsmom, although I love yard and thrift sales sales, I got rid of just about everything I ownded 2 years ago to be a full time RVer. Still working on that dream! The Berner will begin learning house rules this week. no dogs in my chair is the first!

Brenda, the dogs love the chair, and I find it pretty comfortable, too. I don't get a turn, anymore, though!

DG, I'm fighting naming him! Just like I am fighting falling in love with him!

Pat, surround sound in a chair...silly humans!

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That certainly was a bargain for $5 and it appears everyone approves..
Stumpy no staying out past curfew Mom and us worry about you...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Calsidyrose said...

I know how you feel about giving the Berner a name--I tend to affix a nick-name to my fosters, even if I'm the one who picked out the name on the kennel card. There was "Skittish Dog" (Dancer) "Pudge" (Tootsie), "Other Dog" (Rusty) and "Peanut" (Peaches). I don't know why I think doing this will keep me from falling in love with my fosters!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Heelers, the chair really was quite the find! I don't mind Stumpy staying out, until I fall asleep watching TV and wake up in the wee hours of the morning in a totalpanic!

Truly, Calsidyrose, not naming the Berner has not helped at all.

Sandra said...

I am so excited about him staying in at night! Sorry Ms. Stumpy, but I am thinking about "Bernie' right now. See. I have named him and I am entranced by him and I have never touched him. So good luck with the "not falling in love with him" thing.

Sometimes life throws you a curve. Bernie is yours, I maybe think.

An English Shepherd said...

That looks like a nice chair for a nap :-)

Wizz

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Sandra, I have fallen for the Berner, but I must do the responsible thing. And I need to keep reminding myself of that!

Wizz, the dogs sure think so!