I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Friday, September 11, 2009

CONTEST!!! $25.00 to the rescue or shelter of your choice

Do you remember to click "FREE KIBBLE" daily, to help feed shelter dogs? Here's a little test. You'll have until Friday, September 18 at 5a.m. MST, to answer these question correctly, as they were answered at Freekibble.com. The winner will recieve a $25.00donation to be donated to the registered 501(c)3 non-profit rescue/shelter of their choice.



The questions may or may not be posted as they were on the Freekibble.com website. But, your answers must match the answer given by http://www.freekibble.com/default.asp (whether they are correct or not is not debatable.)

Email your answers to me at giantspeckledchihuahua@live.com

AND post here,in the comments, to let me know you are participating (I created a new email for the contest)

I will not open emails with attachments!


The shelter or rescue you choose must be a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.

One entry per person/dog/blogger/creature. The first person/dog/blogger/creature to answer ALL the questions as they were answered on FreeKibble.com will win $25.00 to be donated to the registered 501(c)3 non-profit rescue/shelter of their choice.

In the event that no one can answer the questions as they were answered on Freekibble.com, the first person/dog/blogger/creature answering the most questions correctly will win the contest.

READY???? and GO!!!








1. The search and rescue (SAR) dogs that worked tirelessly to save lives after the tragedy of 9-11, were...
A. Labs
B. Retrievers
C. Shepherds
D. All of the above and MORE!
HINT!!!! Here's a link to a picture gallery of the SAR dogs involved in the 9/11 SAR effort:
http://dogsinthenews.com/issues/0109/articles/010915a.htm

2. Name the rarest dog breed in the world.

3. In what region of which country was the Australian Shepherd developed?

4. What is the name of Canada's largest Dog Show?

5. What percent of single dog owners say they wouldn't date someone who didn't like their pet?
A. 40%
B. 25%
C. 70%
D. 100%


6. Which of the following is NOT an actual breed from South America?
A. Brazilian Terrier
B. Peruvian Inca Orchid
C. Chilean Chihuahua
D. Argentine Dogo

7. A big part of socializing your dog is the process of _____?

8. What is the correct ending to this superstition: "A newborn baby licked by a dog will be ______."

9. Which dog breed originated in Louisiana, and in 1979 became the official state dog of Louisiana?

10. Dogs urinate on fire hydrants in the city because _____.

11. Our very good friend Johny Wood celebrated his 50th birthday w/family, friends & ______, his beloved Welsh Corgi.

12. Pugs are considered "brachycephalic" dogs, which means _______.

13. Who painted the now famous series of paintings titled "Dogs Playing Poker"?

14. Who's responsible for the quote: "There is only one smartest dog in the world and everyone has it"?

15. To which "group" of dog does the Bouvier des Flandres belong, and where did the breed originate?

16. Give me 3 reasons Newfoundlands (Gentle Giants) excel at water rescue.

17. Poodles were developed in Germany in the 16th and 17th century as ________.

18. What dog is the national dog of Germany AND the official state dog of Pennsylvania?

19. Dogs in the ______ "group" were bred to perform such jobs as guarding property, pulling sleds and water rescues

20. The oldest existing dog guide school in the world is ______ and first began training dogs in the year ______.

21. What city has the most dog parks (per capita) in the world?

22. Are dogs that eat poop reacting to a learned habit or a medical problem?

Email your answers to me at giantspeckledchihuahua@live.com

AND post here,in the comments, to let me know you are participating (I created a new email for the contest)

I will not open emails with attachments!


Remember, the "correct" answers are those given by free kibble.com and are not open to debate. I realize that a few of the answers maybe debatable, but the point of this is to get more people clicking to help feed shelter/rescue dogs because I will be running the contest, again, in the future.


GOOD LUCK!!!

PS I tried to make an email gadget and as is the case with just about everything I can't seem to master it. Sorry about the inconvenience.

7 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

All of the above. Mom cheated she googled it..

Free kibble though..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I was #19!

What a great idea!

I do the freekibble thingie each day - and have shared it with lots of others!

In fakht, Mom remembers the furst time she heard about it - it was the NBC Nightly News - the last story of the broadkhast - befur the story ended the website khrashed as soooooo many human paws went to chekhk it out!

It was soooo khool!

Here it is from my arkhive:
http://khyraskhorner.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-story.html

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Unknown said...

Oh no I missed it. I'm gonna have to get mom back on blogging track. How am I suppose to help shelters if she's not blogging in a timely manner. She gets free kibble tweets and does it regularly-does that count?
Norwood

Unknown said...

Hi Stumpy
Thanks for the email about the contest. I will submit my entry today. What about you? Mom says you have ears like me.. you could be a winner too.
Happy Sunday to you I heading to the kennel tonight for the week but I get to the Pet Rock Festival today b/f my confinement.
norwood

tula monstah said...

hi stumpy, great contest.. we'll give it a try! oh boy, i better pay attention to the answers. these are toughies:)

have a great sunday!
belly rubs, tula

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

What a neat contest!

I’m doing my rounds and just wanted to pop by and thank you for commenting at my blog last month. I appreciate your input.

DogsDeserveFreedom

Sandra said...

I do click, but I don't read. : (