I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Berner Report: October 11, 2011

In the words of his mom,
"Alphie is WUNDERBAR!"

"He is one smart, active, happy little guy. He loves his toys."

"He is very loved and has many friends at the park."

"The cart was at Best Buy. They said if I can fit him in it, he can come inside. Well, good idea at the time. Alphie thought otherwise and jumped ship."

"He has completely rescued us... We absolutely adore him."

Alphie's mom and I talked on the phone the other day and for all he's been through, he is an unbelievably well adjusted dog. His separation anxiety is almost non existent. When he's left home his biggest crime is removing the cushions from the couch. He can be seen, at the window, waiting for the return of those he loves.  Alphie loves kids and playing at the park with other dogs.  He's allowed off-leash now.

I'll forever be grateful to our furiends in blog land who supported and encouraged me, throughout this journey; for the people at the Bernese Mountain Dog Club who networked to find Alphie this wonderfully loving home. And for Alphie's family, for opening the hearts and home to him, and for keeping me in the loop and connected.

I know that every day and every night Alf is living and loving happily ever after and dreaming the sweet dreams that every dog deserves.


If you're a new visitor to our blog, The Berner (now known as Alphonso Bernard Jacob Scout Billy Bob Berner)was a semi-feral dog trying to survive in the Mohave Desert.

Through the Pawer of the Paw, Alf has a family of his own. He's living the good life, well-loved and happily ever after, in sunny SoCal.

The Berner's story can be read in the posts listed below, in chronological order. Or Alf's story can be read by clicking his picture on my side bar.

We're still having multiple problems with blogger.  Comments are enabled, but...  Also, I have no idea where all those links came from.

16 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Love love love happy endings

Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Jan said...

How wonderful the way things turned out for everyone.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

YAY - we can comment!!!! So good to hear such a fantastic report on Alphie - it must really warm your heart to know the role you played in this success story.

Good to see you back. Hope you and Stumpy are doing well.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

The Heartbeats said...

As someone that prefers the big dogs, I LOVE seeing him in the Best Buy cart. Hysterical!

Great story!

Mamma Heartbeat

Tucker said...

I've been having comment problems too. But, I saw on someones blog to use google chrome. SO I've used that and had no problems!!!

woof - Tucker

Sam said...

Such a magnificent story. It deserves to be published somewhere!

Every time I see a picture of him I can only think of the great lengths you went to in order to help this dog. Woohoo Stumpy's Mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Alf's story always makes me wiggle & wag. And I don't blame him one tiny bit about not wanting to ride in that basket when he has 4 pawfectly good legs to walk on. Humans sometimes get the ker-aziest ideas!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

PeeS. It looks like you had a really Most Marvelous summer!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It is SOOOOOOO freakin' pawesome to see Handsome Alf again!

AND, doing so furry furry well!

Once again, thanks SOOOOOO much fur saving him!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

An English Shepherd said...

Great Berner update :-)

michael ultra said...

I wanted to leave a comment yesterday but couldn't find a comment box. Loved Stump's pictures. How are you doing?

Phyllis said...

Hey Cyndi and Stumpy!

Glad to see you blogging again. I love your new camper and am so jealous :)

What a wonderful thing you did when you helped Alfie - such a great story to follow along with.

Wyatt said...

Oh good!! Your comment thingy is back on :)
We love seeing Alf so happy and living the good life...give yourself a big pat on the back...Good Job!!

Wyatt and Stanzie

rottrover said...

Thanks for the pupdate on Alf! What a guy :-)

Sandra said...

OMG, I'm so happy I checked in and saw this. I cannot believe how this semi-ferral dog managed to come around like this. You are a hero.

I've come to visit a couple of times, but you had comments turned off. Glad it's back on.

Dog_geek said...

What a gret update! And while Alfie may be happy and active, I still don't know that I would call him a "little guy"!!

Brenda's Arizona said...

HURRAY for Billy Bob Berner Alfie! We are thrilled to see these pictures, Cyndi. Thank you and Stumpy for starting BBBAlfie to his wonderful, toy filled life.