I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stumpy pic spam

Rescuing humans is kicking my butt...I'd soooooooo rather be working with dogs and horses. Bottom line, I have to be doing something and since my location prohibits working with the critters, humans it is...

Stumpy is probably glad I am not working with dogs because she knows that would mean another furry face in the house that needs attention. Attention that belongs to her!!! She loves four legged company, but she is not so good at sharing laptime. She does ok, when we dogsit, though.

I toss the ball for Stumpy, a few times a day, off the deck. Here she is at her retrieving best...

On your mark.... GET SET....


Here she comes!


closer...






Oops!! I am going to lose her!













Danged thorns!!! @#$%^&!!! things are EVERYWHERE!!! Including Stumpy's foot!



Ready now!!!




Easily distracted











REALLY ready!










A treat signals the end of the game (read: distracts her from the ball)Stumpy jumps for it..



Naptime!!!

10 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Brilliant pictures... Hugs GJ x

Sam said...

I've never seen really clear pictures of Stumpy before. She's beautiful! Built for speed with those long legs.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a great khollekhtion of pikhs!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You would get along just fine with us.. We love playing ball. Napping in Mom's lap is the best..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Deborah said...

My crew love to play ball too!
Good photo's!!!Is she an austrailian cattle dog? She's very cute!

tula monstah said...

Wheww Stumpy all that running, jumping is tiring-- i'm exhausted.
can you move over a little bit.. must nap too.

belly rubbers,
tula

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Yahooo! I got to see my girl in action. I love it. I get a treat to stop the game too! If only you lived closer..

PS.. Did you see Deborah's blog with Buffy the Blue heeler giving a bunny a bath.. head over. It's great.
norwood

Sandra said...

I love Stumpy spam! She is a great looking dog. I've rescued my share of dogs and horses, but never a human. That seems like a worthy cause. Depending on the human. : )

Unknown said...

Stumpy..
I can't get enough of your photos.. running, jumping... If only you made a calendar.
norwood

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

GJ, I can't do her justice in my pictures. she has so many aspects to her personality.

Sam, there hasn't been a dog yet, that could keep up with her! she hasn't met any iggy's, whippets, or greyhounds, though.

Thanks, Khyra! I wish I had the skills and patience your mom has!

Heelers, Stumpy spends tooooo much time in my lap!

Deborah, she's an ACD and minpin...whose idea was that?

Tula, that chair isn't quite big enough for the both of you, but there's room on her recline...(don't tell her I said so!)

Norwood, when I get back this summer, we will have to be sure to arrange a play date... or a camping trip..to maine, on the beach...ARGH!!! I miss it all, it's so easy to get carried away. A playdate anywhere would be good! A calendar is a great idea! Maybe something the rescued/adopted heelers we know could do together to benefit some of our rescuers? food for thought...

Sandra, as I told Deborah, I have no camera skills... she is cute though, and a clown, 24/7.