I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

UGH!!! the HEAT!!!

I have known for a loooooooooooong time that I do not belong in the desert, at least in the summer. The drive home from Flagstaff was hell. My friend, Gilbert, came to get me in his 1962 Jeep Wagoneer, no air conditioning and the only window was the windshield, for maximum airflow. The exhaust fumes were absolutely noxious!!! Then about 40 miles from "home," (I'm using the term loosely, because I am more sure than ever that dirtville is NOT my home)Gilbert filled 4 - 10 gallon gas cans, as one does when one lives so far from civilization. We got to enjoy the gas fumes combined with exhaust!!!

About that time Stumpy began freaking out. It took me a minute to realize she was over heating. Poor girl!!! Fortunately, we had a cooler full of ice and I was able to cool her down, pretty quickly.

Here's one of the places we would rather be, and I have a plan, to get there next summer, for the whole summer and then some...

of course we would rather be swimming... Stumpy actually learned how to swim while we were home...more on that soon...

This is Lake Washacum, a beautiful little lake in central mass, where my son, our dogs and I spent every available hour/minute, winter, spring, summer and fall, when I was living in Mass.





I am sooooooooooooo homesick!!!! I miss my family, big green, leafy shady trees, grass and walking barefoot in the grass and water!!!!

4 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I khan't blame woo!

My Auntie Di was just here fur five days - I think she enjoyed her time away from the blastfurnace (aka Phoenix)!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sandra said...

I'm sorry you, as someone used to the green, somehow landed in a desert. I am also used to green and water. I would not like the desert. I should also say I am used to extreme cold and snow, not extreme heat & dirt. I hope you and Stumpy make it home to MA.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Oh what a lovely place. We can see why you miss it.. Perhaps you can get back there soon.
Sure glad Stumpy is ok..
We missed you!!!


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

hi stumpy
i sure wish you could stay up here. It was hot today but plenty of places too cool off. I sure glad your back bloggin! we would've had a blast swimming together
norwood