I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Monday, August 17, 2009

Stumpy's new favorite toy

Stumpy is mad for anything that squeaks and I am constantly on the lookout for indestructible squeaky toys. Or not so easily destroyed. I love to give her squeaky toys for a few reasons. She has boundless amounts of energy and will play for hours with a squeaky toy. She is so much fun to watch while she plays. And she doesn't stare at me, at least a little while. That is until she is ready for me to play with her new toy, too.

While I was back east I picked up a "loofah" toy. Besides the squeaker, it had no stuffing. A big draw, since Stumpy is a shredder. Well, this one was good for about 3 hours. First the ears were removed,then the legs, and finally, the squeaker. And there was stuffing. Not much; it only surrounded the squeaker. It's only other downfall was the toy's material. I don't know how to describe it, but it gave Stumpy something to grasp with her teeth and there were little pieces of it everywhere.


Yesterday, I picked up a similar toy. This one had a squeaker in the head and the tail. My thinking was simple. Two squeakers are better than one. Twenty four hours later the toy is still basically intact.


I tried for hours to get "action" shots. But Stumpy is too fast for me.







Finally, crashed.


The End.


I hope I remember to put that stupid thing up tonight. I was really NOT happy to hear it squeak squeak squeaking at 2am. Or to have it's wet mushy self dropped in my face...

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I have a skhwirrel like that: no stuffing!

I have a purple loofa too!

I don't destroy stuffies so they last and last!

I do see the makings of a bonesikhle!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

T said...

ah, some dogs just love to destuff their stuffies!!

Jarie loves to destroy her toys, the others are pretty good for the most part, but if they find a hole, then all bets are off!!

Have you seen the Tuffy's?
Here is a link.
http://vipproducts.com/retail/files/index.php?cPath=27

Jarie has the pig, and she loves it, and I will admit, it is still completely intact.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Now that looks like a wonderful toy.. The squeaking would bug our mom too..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

Hee hee nice work stumpy. You are a girl after my own heart.
Squeak squeak squeak
norwood

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Khyra? a bonesicle??? I'm googling that now, but something tells me it's too messy for the house and wouldn't be very enjoyable in the dirt of dirtville. (no lush lawn or any grass at all on which to kick back and gnaw.)

T, thanks for the tuff toy tip and Jarie for the critique. Checked out the website and they look like a good investmanet. Stumpy definately has one in her future!!!

Happy Heelers, don't tell Stumpy, but when she's not looking, I hide her squeaky toys so I get a break. I consider it my environmental duty to cut back on noise pollution when ever possible.

Norwood, Are you flirting with Stumpy? You know she can't resist a good squeak!!!