I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Telling it like it is..

On her new album, "The Fall," Nora Jones sings about her dog, a poodle name Ralph.



In an interview with David Steinfeld Jones says, about the song, "Man of the Hour,"...
"His name is Ralph and he's a poodle. [But] I like to say that he's a scruffy, manly poodle. Because you say poodle and people start rolling their eyes… My dogological clock started to tick. So I got a dog [and] it's great. I'm madly in love with him."

The interview, in it's entirety, is here

Stumpy is happy to know the dog will win!

7 comments:

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Also glad the dog will win... Hugs GJ x

Jeanne Estridge said...

Definitely the better choice!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I's sure 3 of The 4B's khonkhur about poodles being manly!

Tank woo fur sharing this!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sam said...

Go man-poodle! That is so totally cool...

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Ya poodle pup.. Stumpy dogs always win.. hehe

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

An English Shepherd said...

Great song and video.

Wizz :-)

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

GJ, it's nice when the dogs win!!

Jeanne, I couldn't agree more!

Khyra, I had a manly poodle once, and my Miss Leona Poodles, I'd have standard poodles today, if I could keep up with those coats!

Sam, isn't it though? I've had more than one boyfriend that my dog(s) won out over.

Heelers, Stumpy does have an excellent record of winning!

AE, I was excited to know that someone else thinks the way I do. Love me, love my dog or hit the road!