I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's creepy, but I totally want one...

You real need to click on the pictures to enlarge them and get the full effect.








Maybe it will resolve my "need another dog" issue.
Probably not, but it would be an interesting conversation piece.
Or cause a gag reflex...

This piece of "art," is by Meryl Smith- a doggie bag, she calls, "Excessory Baggage." Regardless of the yuck factor, I still want one. I don't even carry a handbag.

At first glance, I thought it was a pig. After further research it turns out it's actually a greyhound.


The poor thing has a real-looking face and body. The worst part is the zipper on its torso! And those eyes! Talk about sad! is it because it looks like a pig? maybe it's sad because it's got handles protruding from it's back. It could be because of the Frankenstien-like zipper that runs it's length. What ever the cause for its melancholy, I would take it home, in a heartbeat, if someone were to get it for me.








"Man's best friend may be his dog, but woman's constant companion is her handbag." (I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me.)

There are plenty more of these types of handbags, if you are one of those people that want to tote a puppy around.







The purse looks like a little wiener dog, is about the same size of one, too. It nestles nicely under your arm. This gives you the feeling of carrying a canine without the cruelty, or pet-ownership commitment, that comes with toting a real dog. It's too bad about the dead eyes.









I used to be a stuffed animal freak. Since deciding to live a minamlist lifestyle, there is no room for this one, a maltese:












If I was a pug's person, I would be digging this:












With the exception of the first bag, the prices range from $39.99 to $150.00.
The first bag must be priceless, as I couldn't find a price for it anywhere, and you know, it is art....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Stumpy...
That weiner bag is funny. They do look so real. Maybe Paris Hilton can stop pretending to be a good dog owner and get one of these instead..

norwood

Sam said...

I can't believe that's supposed to be a greyhound! A cool idea for a bag, nevertheless.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ummmmmmmmm...

Khreepy is khorrekht!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dog_geek said...

Hmmm.... Greyhound?!? Definitely looks like a pig to me! A creepy dead pig. *shiver*

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Not sure Mom would go for that.. We think she likes the real thing.. hehe

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

Stumpy
I'm missing seeing you.. tell mom or is she busy buying a new purse.
norwood

Unknown said...

STumpy...
Ha.. pocketbook. Nope not from here. I don't usually say grinder but I do say bubbler...since mom is from milwaukee. I think Worcester is the only other place that says it.

I still think saying something "wicked" is strange too.
Ha. Norwood-er

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Norwood, I thought the same thing...all those people that carry their dogs around can just get a bag! There's a wormtown dictionary on line somewhere... I will have to find it for you so you and mom can get with the program. Things have been hectic, here and we havent been having much fun. I am staying home this weekend just to take pictures for you!

Sam, I am glad I am not the only one that thinks it's kind of cool... I have dead things in my freezer, too, do you?

Khyra, Khreepy and just in time for halloween, eh?

DG, or maybe a chihuahua...MAYBE! Definately NOT a greyhound!

I'm with Mom, Heelers, but since I can't have 3 or even 2 dogs right now, I'd take the bag.

Deborah said...

I'm not too sure about the handbags and I'm a handbag freak!! Cute, I guess..I would have to get use to it and my kids would think I went nutty!!!!You have a nice blog!!