I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.

For me they are the role model for being alive.

~ Gilda Radner

Friday, May 1, 2009

National Naughty Dog Contest



In honor of National Pet Week May 3 - 9, 2009, Bark Busters, the world’s largest dog training company, announced the first-of-its-kind National Naughty Dog Contest to find the naughtiest dog in America.


AT LAST!!! Those of us with naughty dogs can be rewarded for our patience!

I know, I KNOW we should be nominated for sainthood. But in the meantime, BarkBusters.com holds an annual contest.

“So many dog owners get a dog hoping he will be an ideal member of the family, only to discover the dog rules their household instead,” said Liam Crowe, CEO and master dog behavioral therapist at Bark Busters USA. “We want to help owners realize they can address these unwanted behaviors and build a stronger relationship with their canine companions, and we want to showcase this fact by training America’s naughtiest dog and having a bit of fun along the way.


Now, I know, in the short t time I have been reading blogs, I have read and seen the evidence of some REALLY, REALLY naughty dogs.


The 2009 Bark Busters National Naughty Dog Contest will accept video contest entries from May 4, 2009 through July 13, 2009. All entries must be received no later than July 13, 2009.

We, the consumer, will have a say in the final selection! According to Bark Busters, “FIVE contest finalists will be selected by a panel of experts at Bark Busters USA on July 14, 2009 and will be interviewed prior to selection. The five contest finalists will be featured on www.BarkBusters.com from July 15, 2009 through August 3, 2009 for the public to vote on the top THREE finalists.”

1st prize? Well, if you have a naughty dog it could help … “The Grand Prize winner will win free dog training—which includes Bark Busters’ guaranteed lifetime support—to transform the “winning” dog from naughty to nice.” Personally, I would like an all expense paid vacation for Stumpy and I. Or, a dog yard make-over. But hey, maybe I could donate the training to a shelter or rescue dog that really needs something extra to find the perfect forever home. I am pretty sure, if I wasn’t so digitally challenged, Stumpy would have a shot at this.

For all the information, rules and guidelines go here.

5 comments:

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We need to get a video of the pest. She is a counter surfer.. Wonder if they know how to correct deaf dogs when they look the other way?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Stumpy you are so cute.. How could you do wrong?

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Unknown said...

hey stumpy
stop by my blog to pick up your award :)
norwood

Sandra said...

You mean dogs aren't supposed to rule the household. Now you tell me.

Parsley said...

Loved your blog. I can see you really like dogs. I have 6!!!